HistoryWestbrook Independent School District was incorporated on March 30, 1908, and included twenty-five sections of land. The first trustees of the new district were: C. M. Reed, J.T. Adams, J.A. Thompson, J. H. Parker, E. B. Ford, A. Petty, and E. S. Hudson. The first school house was a four roomed framed structure which was replaced by a two-story building with four rooms on each floor . In 1926 a brick building was erected which consisted of twelve classrooms, a cafeteria, an auditorium, and a two-room basement.